Share the Sydney Opera House stage with Australia’s most popular leading men.
Join two of Australia’s best known opera stars on one of the world’s most famous stages, at the Sydney Opera House.
Thanks to Limelight magazine and AMcK Fine Entertainment, tenor David Hobson and baritone Teddy Tahu Rhodes are inviting one lucky singer to perform with them during their Encore concert at the Sydney Opera House November 4. Do you have what it takes?
How to enter
Simply upload a short video (no more than one minute in length) of yourself singing a short a piece of light opera, musical theatre or folksong. It can be a cappella or with accompaniment – be creative! David and Teddy will personally select their guest from the entrants.
- Entrants should briefly state their full name, location and age before singing.
- Please note videos must not be longer than one minute in duration and must show the singer performing. Audio recordings alone will not be accepted, and any videos deemed to be dubbed, lip-synced or sung over an existing vocal performance will not be eligible.
- Submit to Limelight using the online entry form or as a YouTube link sent to editors(at)limelightmagazine.com.au with “David & Teddy” in the subject line.
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is AMcK Fine Entertainment with video footage hosted by Limelight magazine.
- Entries open 9.00am Wednesday September 21, 2011 and close 11.59pm Friday October 21, 2011.
- Entrants must be Australian residents aged 18 or older.
- The winning entrant will be chosen by a representative of AMcK Fine Entertainment and announced on Monday October 24, 2011. Acceptance of the prize by an entrant is conditional on the following details:
-The winning entrant must be available to perform at the Sydney performance, 8.00pm November 4, 2011.
– The winning entrant must agree to sing the repertoire as specified by AMcK Fine Entertainment upon notification of their winning entry.
- The winning entrant will be flown to Sydney from their nearest capital city and accommodated for the evening of November 4, 2011. All additional transport, including to and from airports and accommodation are at the winning entrant’s expense.
- The names and video and audio footage submitted by competition winner and finalists may be published at Limelight and AMcK Fine Entertainment’s discretion for promotion of the competition and concert tour.