1. Three pieces of music you couldn’t live without?
To only be able to name three pieces of music feels like torture, so I won’t even try. I don’t think anyone can live without music.
2. Why the cello?
It’s in our nature to relate to the cello, it has a very human voice. But I guess I was given the cello at six years of age with the hope of forming a family piano trio with my brother and sister.
3. Who are your musical heroes?
The music teachers and educators I had (free) access to when growing up in Finland.
4. Best thing about playing Brahms’ Double Concerto?
There is something about the dialogue of the two soloists that I find intriguing.
5. Worst thing about playing Brahms’ Double Concerto?
The worst thing would be if the two soloists weren’t able to communicate effectively.
6. Most overrated composer?
I can’t compose myself, so I don’t feel comfortable expressing that sort of judgement (at least publicly).
7. Three pieces of music you’d happily never hear again?
Same answer as question No 1 – but I’d happily live without elevator music, or music specifically composed to be elevator music.
8. All-time favourite food?
Andrew McConnell’s New...