We share some sharps and flats with the pianist ahead of his performances at Perth Festival.
1. Three pieces of music you love?
MozartSonata for Two Pianos in D Major
Brahms Piano Concerto No 2 (Arrau with Giulini and Philharmonia)
Simon & Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Wateralbum
2. Three piano heroes?
3. Which non-classical pianist would you most like to see play classical repertoire?
4. Three underrated piano concertos?
Rachmaninov Four (original 1926 version)
Tchaikovsky Two (slow movement)
5. Three historical musicians you would most liked to have heard play piano?
6. Three pieces of music you could happily never hear again?
Schubert Wanderer Fantasy
StravinskyThree Movements from Petrushka
7. Your most memorable musical experience in an audience?
Hearing Mahler 2 for the first time with Simone Young and LPO just after moving to London.
8. Three favourite films?
From Beginning to End(Brazilian)
Let the Right One In(Swedish)
Hundred Foot Journey
9. Three favourite books?
A Suitable Boy,Vikram Seth
Bleak House,Charles Dickens
A book of Leunig...