1. Three musicals you love most?
Gypsy, On the Twentieth Century, She Loves Me.
2. Three favourite actors?
Meryl Streep, Gena Rowlands, Gene Tierney.
3. Three favourite recordings?
Anything Goes, Australian cast, anything with Jonas Kaufmann, any Streisand before Stoney End.
4. Your most memorable musical experience as an audience member?
A gorgeous production of She Loves Me in NY in the 90’s.
5. If you weren’t an actor, what would you be?
A writer. In fact, I am writing.
6. Three musicals you could happily never hear again?
Cats, Starlight Express, Passion.
7. Funniest moment onstage?
Too many to choose from. Many laughs in a long career.
8. Three favourite movies?
It’s a Wonderful Life, The Godfather Part II, The Razor’s Edge (original).
9. Three musicals you like but never get to see?
Carousel, She Loves Me, Grand Hotel.
Geraldine Turner is Aurore in Opera Australia’s Two Weddings, One Bride
10. A recording to be stranded with on a desert island?
Gee. Too hard. Musical theatre, I guess.
11. An actor from the past you’d like to perform with?
12. Three figures who should have musicals written about them, and who should write them?
Emily Pankhurst, by me.
Napoleon, by the Les Miz composers.
Einstein, by Sondheim.
13. Most overrated composer?
14. Most underrated composer?
15. The last book you couldn’t put down?
The Art of Coarse Acting … 50th anniversary edition.
16. Six musical theatre characters you would like to have around for dinner
Dolly Levi, Mame, Norma Desmond, Rose from Gypsy, Annie Oakley, Desiree
17. A musical theatre character you’d like to go on a date with?
Barnum to pick up some circus skills from.
18. Three clichés that annoy you about musicals?
Boy meets girl
Boy loses girl
Boy gets girl
19. Your favourite food?
20. Three guilty pleasures?
The Bold and the Beautiful.
Vegemite toast late at night.
Loving my dogs, Pearl and Claude, so much, it hurts.
Geraldine Turner will play Aurore in Opera Australia’s Two Weddings, One Bride, at the Sydney Opera House April 29 – October 22